06 Oct Becoming a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Greater Lakeland.
Membership is open to woman 22 years of age and older, living in the Greater Lakeland area. We accept new members only once per year. Applications for the 2017-2018 Provisional Course are now available.
If you have any questions regarding JLGL membership please contact the Provisional Committee at email@example.com.
For more information on membership, visit requirements section.
Benefits of Joining
- Training for effective community leadership, including advocacy, community research, fundraising, finance, leadership, public relations, and personal development
- Working with other women to create positive community change
- Insight into community needs and strategies for solutions
- Access to community leaders, new friends, and creative ideas
- Exposure to creative strategies in problem solving and administration of a non-profit organization
- Ability to transfer membership to other Junior Leagues
If you’d like to learn more about how to become a member of the Junior League of Greater Lakeland, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Member (Provisional Experience)
Each fall, the Junior League of Greater Lakeland welcomes a new group of exceptional women to its Provisional Class. The purpose of the Provisional Class is to provide an introduction to The Junior League of Greater Lakeland (JLGL), the Lakeland community and the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI). Group training programs, speakers and program experiences are utilized to enhance volunteer and leadership skills. In addition, members of the Provisional Class have the opportunity to create friendships with other Provisional, active and sustaining JLGL members.
Transferring to the JLGL?
To initiate a transfer into the JLGL, please contact your current League to request a transfer. Once your transfer has been initiated by your current League, you will receive transfer information from our Secretary. If you have any questions, please email the Corresponding Secretary, at email@example.com.